NSCECE Board of Directors
At the Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education (NSCECE), passionate and dedicated students, faculty, and staff work to advance the field of early childhood education. Established as the first Atlantic Canadian training program in early childhood education, the NSCECE is a leader in the early years community. With a downtown campus and three child care centre lab schools, the NSCECE practices what we teach, creating a nurturing environment where learners reach their full potential.
Now, the NSCECE is looking for community-minded individuals to join our organization by contributing your time and professional expertise as an Independent Director on the NSCECE Board of Directors.
Responsible for the governance of the organization, NSCECE’s Board of Directors are appointed for three-year terms and are collectively accountable to the members, community, funders and other stakeholders of the NSCECE. The Board is tasked with the strategic oversight and effective financial stewardship of the organization and is accountable for NSCECE’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives.
NSCECE is currently seeking to recruit Board Members in particular with expertise in Early Childhood Education and Adult Education.
In addition to being recognized in their own fields and expertise, ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of Board Governance practices;
- Experience / understanding of the not for profit sector;
- Commitment to support the NSCECE’s mandate, vision and values;
- Commitment to invest time on a monthly basis to participate in scheduled board meetings and read all reports and materials in preparation for the meetings;
- Commitment to participate in at least one Board sub-committee; and
- Contribute to the overall strategic preparedness of the NSCECE by engaging in strategic planning sessions.
NSCECE seeks to create an organization which is representative of the diverse community it serves. NSCECE is committed to ensuring diversity in the organization and its governing body by promoting the equitable participation of Indigenous persons, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities and women. Members of these groups are encouraged to apply.
If you are passionate about education, early childhood development and the opportunity to put your professional expertise toward the governance of the NSCECE during an exciting time of sectoral change and renewal as an Independent Director of the Board, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] by June 5th, 2020.
Part Time Instructors Needed for Online or In Class Teaching
For more information, see job description
NSCECE has a full complement of part-time instructors who teach individual courses throughout the year, including evening and day time classes. The Faculty Coordinator maintains a pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College. Interested individuals must be able to verify and demonstrate the following, as per the Standards for Early Childhood Education Post-Secondary Programs (2018);
- A diploma in early childhood education with at least four years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting OR
- A degree in early childhood education with at least three years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting
All prospective instructors must have a Teaching Adults Certificate or related certification. In the event that an applicant has not completed the certificate, it is expected that they will enroll within their first year on staff and will complete the training within their first three years of employment.
For more information, or to submit a resume, please e-mail [email protected].
The following teaching adults certificate programs are recognized and available within Nova Scotia:
- Dalhousie University – https://www.dal.ca/faculty/cce/programs/adult-education/certificate-program.html
- Jane Norman College – https://www.janenorman.ca/future-students/programs/certificates/
- Francis Xaiver – https://www2.mystfx.ca/adult-education-diploma/program
- CBBC Career College – https://www.cbbccareercollege.ca/
NSCECE is committed to hiring talented and passionate professionals to inspire our students. If that sounds like you, then we should know who you are.
Lab School – Child Care Centres
NSCECE operates three Lab Schools developed to provide high-quality practicum experiences to NSCECE students, and excellent early learning and care experiences to young children and their families. Individuals interested in applying for a staff position in the field of early childhood are welcome to submit their resume at any time. Please note: under provincial training standards only individuals with a Nova Scotia ECE classification of Level 2 or Level 3 are able to work as ratio staff in a Lab School.
Fax: 902 423.3346 or E-mail: [email protected]
6208 Quinpool Road, 2nd Floor
Halifax, NS B3L 1A3