NSCECE has a full complement of part-time instructors who teach individual courses throughout the year, including evening and day time classes. The Faculty Coordinator maintains a pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College. Interested individuals must be able to verify and demonstrate the following, as per the Standards for Early Childhood Education Post-Secondary Programs (2018);
- A diploma in early childhood education with at least four years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home day care agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting OR
- A degree in early childhood education with at least three years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home day care agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting
All prospective instructors must have a Teaching Adults Certificate or related certification. In the event that an applicant has not completed the certificate, it is expected that they will enrol within their first year on staff and will complete the training within their first three years of employment.
For more information, or to submit a resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following teaching adults certificate programs are recognized and available within Nova Scotia:
- Dalhousie University – https://www.dal.ca/faculty/cce/programs/adult-education/certificate-program.html
- Jane Norman College – https://www.janenorman.ca/future-students/programs/certificates/
- Francis Xaiver – https://www2.mystfx.ca/adult-education-diploma/program
- CBBC Career College – https://www.cbbccareercollege.ca/