Part Time Instructors Needed for Online or In Class Teaching
For more information, see job description
NSCECE has a full complement of part-time instructors who teach individual courses throughout the year, including evening and day time classes. The Faculty Coordinator maintains a pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College. Interested individuals must be able to verify and demonstrate the following, as per the Standards for Early Childhood Education Post-Secondary Programs (2018);
- A diploma in early childhood education with at least four years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting OR
- A degree in early childhood education with at least three years of experience in a regulated child care centre, family home daycare agency, pre-primary program, or other early childhood education setting
All prospective instructors must have a Teaching Adults Certificate or related certification. In the event that an applicant has not completed the certificate, it is expected that they will enroll within their first year on staff and will complete the training within their first three years of employment.
For more information, or to submit a resume, please e-mail [email protected].
The following teaching adults certificate programs are recognized and available within Nova Scotia:
- Dalhousie University – https://www.dal.ca/faculty/cce/programs/adult-education/certificate-program.html
- Jane Norman College – https://www.janenorman.ca/future-students/programs/certificates/
- Francis Xaiver – https://www2.mystfx.ca/adult-education-diploma/program
- CBBC Career College – https://www.cbbccareercollege.ca/
NSCECE is committed to hiring talented and passionate professionals to inspire our students. If that sounds like you, then we should know who you are.
Lab School – Child Care Centres
NSCECE operates three Lab Schools developed to provide high-quality practicum experiences to NSCECE students, and excellent early learning and care experiences to young children and their families. Individuals interested in applying for a staff position in the field of early childhood are welcome to submit their resume at any time. Please note: under provincial training standards only individuals with a Nova Scotia ECE classification of Level 2 or Level 3 are able to work as ratio staff in a Lab School.
Fax: 902 423.3346 or E-mail: [email protected]
6208 Quinpool Road, 2nd Floor
Halifax, NS B3L 1A3