Admissions Process…6 Easy Steps
1. Complete an application form
2. Submit a $25 administration fee (non-refundable) / $75 for international students
3. Submit a transcript (Grade 12 or GED)
4. Attend an Information Session
5. Pass both a Vulnerable Sector Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check
6. Provide two (2) character references documenting 25 hours of experience working with children and detailing your emotional maturity and suitability for this work – Character Reference Letter Template
Please Note: Application forms, transcripts and other supporting documentation will become the property of the College and will not be returned to the applicant.
Alternative Assessment Protocol
This is the alternative Assessment protocol for students applying to NSCECE whose Grade 12 transcripts do not convey the words “This student has successfully met the graduation requirement for the province of Nova Scotia” at the bottom of their High School Transcripts, or has an IPP course designation – please refer to the alternative assessment protocol.
Admission process involves:
1. Apply with completed NSCECE application, high school transcript and $25 registration fee.
2. NSCECE Admissions Procedure:
- Attend an Info session
- Successfully complete NSCECE questionnaire
- Successfully complete reading comprehension exercise
- Participate in small group discussion
- Pass both a Vulnerable Sector Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Provide two (2) character references documenting 25 hours of experience working with children and detailing the your emotional maturity and suitability for this work
3. If the applicant has disability and would need accommodations, they will need to fill the Accommodation Request Form with the Student Success Counsellor and provide a recent letter (within the past five years) from a health professional describing the accommodations required. The letter does not need to disclose any diagnosis or disability; however, it needs to be clear about the student’s needs.
Grade 12 transcript and supporting documents must be in English or have an English translation attached. If English is not your first language submit documentation of English proficiency. Please refer to ESL Requirements.
- Grade 12 transcript
After you have applied to NSCECE, a representative will contact you and invite you to attend an information session. If this is not geographically possible, an online interview will be arranged.
Once admissions criteria have been met, applicants will be notified, in writing, of their status.
Click Apply Now to get started!
- Upon acceptance, applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $200 to be applied towards tuition; non-payment will forfeit the application and result in the application being cancelled.
- Accepted applicants will receive a welcome package with registration information, class schedule, tuition payment arrangements, academic calendar, textbook list, medical form, etc.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Registrar if they will be unable to submit payments within the specified time frame.
- In the event of a fee increase, students will be required to pay the new rate.
- Accepted applicants will be allowed to defer their acceptance for one year. The applicant must request deferral in writing.